CMCA(UK) – “Exclusive European agent for QTEC Solution’s Q-STAR Obsolescence Management web-based software”
Manufacturers of products with significant electronic component content struggle with the ability to continue production and maintenance on a long term basis due to the advancement in technologies. Q-Star is a software tool designed to assist with this challenge and is a web-based, easy to use component obsolescence solution that provides customers the ability to load and cleanse BOMs, research and compare parts. It can also provide life cycle predictions, deliver configurable automated email alerts, find part commonalities across projects, and allow users to collaborate across multiple projects and sites.
Production and support organisations face mounting challenges in meeting growing customer demand for producing and maintaining long life products while ensuring availability and maintainability. To remain competitive, companies must find new ways of automating and optimizing the obsolescence management and compliance process, in real-time, to maximise productivity, overcome component obsolescence and deliver support systems and projects.
Q-Star provides the information needed to manage the availability of electronic components and commercial off the shelf products (COTS). Q-STAR answers the questions:
- Which devices may be at risk of becoming unavailable
- When that risk is likely to occur
- What alternatives are available and, for a die, if a solution can be found from a qualified aftermarket supplier
With a daily updated database of over 57 million parts and 1,500 suppliers, QTEC’s powerful Q-STAR obsolescence management system provides comprehensive capabilities for instant identification and automatic early warning email notification of at-risk parts for changes in availability status and product content. Furthermore, Q-STAR’s proprietary 6 factor predictive algorithm and industry leading data quality delivers the most accurate component information available. In minutes, a Bill of Materials (BOM) can be uploaded into Q-STAR and automatically processed to deliver detailed BOM analysis.
Q-STAR Key Features
- Colour coded Project Health Status for instant recognition of problem areas
- Part Counts, Part Availability, Alerts, Advisories & Parts at risk maximise efficiency by quickly identifying issues that need immediate attention
- Comprehensive part libraries updated daily: Active semiconductors & Passives, Connectors, RoHS/ REACH/ Pb, COTS and Die availability
- Advanced predictive Life Cycle and YTEOL algorithm incorporating: life expectancy, introduction date, discontinue date, family type, number of sources and current life time buy status
- Simple drill down part details including component data, all alert notifications for a part, possible alternates, and lifecycle codes that predict product sustainability
- Customisable and exportable reports provide a vast array of options including multiple or single sourced suppliers, die availability, and project aging
- A Master Parts list for a clean master internal parts library
- Research requests with direct access to the Q-STAR data management team
Q-STAR is different
The Q-STAR system offers unique features that maximise value for customers including;
- Commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) data – One of the only solutions available today
- Service guarantee – QTEC guarantees a response to every research request within 24 hours or 2 weeks will be added to the subscription term at no cost
- Unlimited research requests – Other solutions charge extra or have limitations
- Collaboration – Corporate wide collaboration for sites & projects with common component for increased leverage with suppliers with discontinued parts
- Direct part links to manufacturer – Q-STAR offers direct links to manufacturers part specific web pages saving hours of research time