Corporate Social Responsibility
CMCA(UK) recognises the importance of approaching its duty for corporate social responsibility in a co-ordinated and committed fashion.
In order to deliver on our mission statement of ‘Protecting your future today’, CMCA(UK) offers four service areas across 3 locations in the UK.
Equipment Lifecycle Support/ Obsolescence Management: Providing bespoke solutions that cover all aspects of strategic and tactical Obsolescence Management to help prolong the life of critical equipment by purchasing any parts at risk from Obsolescence and storing these until required, thus reducing waste to landfill or finding alternative parts to avoid scrappage of otherwise healthy equipments.
NATO Codification: CMCA(UK) is the chosen UK contractor performing NATO Codification on behalf of the UK MOD. This involves the cataloguing of all items of supply within the military supply chain, ensuring maximum effectiveness and interoperability whilst avoiding duplication within global logistic support.
Procurement Services: Global sourcing of hard-to-find and obsolete parts, with no minimum order quantity or line value meaning customers only order what they need with full traceability and counterfeit testing resulting in increased life-cycle and a reduced number of re-designs.
Long Term Storage: Our Long Term Storage service is specifically designed to compliment and support obsolescence management activity, life-time buys reduce the need for costly re-designs. All components are processed through our Electrostatic Protected Area with full Electrostatic Discharge controls and procedures that extend from the facility to each secure nitrogen storage location.
Key CSR Issues
• Employing and retaining people of ability and integrity
• Dealing fairly with our suppliers and selling responsibly sourced, quality products
• Minimising waste and maximising recycling and reuse
• Making a positive difference to our local community
• Minimising the impact of our built operations
• Engaging our staff and customers to promote sustainable living
• Established the ‘Protecting your future today’ vision to underpin our commitment to our customers, sourcing quality products and helping them to make more informed and sustainable choices with regards to life-cycle
• Investment in CMCA(UK) Apprenticeship Scheme
• Charitable contributions
• Community sponsorships
• Fundraising activities
CMCA(UK) continues to accept its social responsibility through its charity donations and fundraising activities in aid of both the local and wider community and is pleased to consider any request for support from registered local charities. Working & Engaging with others our key stakeholders are:
• Government & regulators
• Local community
• Participation in Macmillan Coffee Morning
• Attendance at Acorns fundraising events as main sponsor
• Donation of IT equipment to various charitable organisations in the local community
• Sponsorship of local Educational establishments and organisations
We have ambitious plans to grow our business, but we are committed to achieving this growth responsibly. Building on the knowledge we have gained so far, we will continue to invest in responsible, sustainable ways of doing business.
For further information or enquiries regarding CMCA(UK)’s CSR activities contact us on 01905 458307.